Zonta Club of Orange Presented 36 New Australian’s with a gift at the Orange City Council Australia Day Citizenship Ceremony, Cook Park Orange.
The Official Party Include Member for Orange, Philip Donato, MP, Parliamentary Secretary for Western NSW, Ric Colless MLC, Mayor of Orange, Cr Reg Kidd and Chair of the Australia Day Committee, Katherine Tollner, Cr Russell Turner Ms Catriona Rowntree – Journalist, TV Presenter and Author and Zonta Club of Orange Inc. representatives, Kerry Ferguson and Frances Young.
What is Zonta.
One hundred years ago, a small group of pioneering women came together in Buffalo, New York with a vision to help all women realize greater equality while using their individual and collective expertise in service to their community.
Today, Zonta International is a global organization of more than 29,000 members in nearly 1,200 Zonta clubs in 63 countries. November 2019 is the Clubs 100th anniversary
Zonta International is a leading global organization of professionals empowering
women worldwide through service and advocacy.
Zonta International envisions a world in which women’s rights are recognized as human rights and every woman is able to achieve her full potential.
In such a world, women have access to all resources and are represented in decision making positions on an equal basis with men.
In such a world, no woman lives in fear of violence.
Since a Zonta Club was first founded in Australia in the 1960s, Clubs have spread in keeping with the growth of Zonta around the world.
Australia is home now to three Zonta International Districts.
Together they represent around 2300 members in over 100 Zonta Clubs spread across all States and Territories.
We also have the privilege of being supported by many thousands of people – friends, family, and work colleagues who are a very broad cross section of the community. This wider network of support injects pro bono expertise and goods, assists with fundraising and donations, and works alongside members on activities to support the service provided by our Clubs.
- Award scholarships for students
- Prepare birthing kits to be distributed internationally
- Prepare breast cushions for women recovering from breast cancer
- Actively support Housing Plus in particular the new development The Orchard a state of the art safe haven in the heart of the community for families and victims of domestic violence
- Paid for a sign on a bus supporting the Zonta International ‘Say No to Domestic Violence campaign
- Our major fund raiser for the year is the Orange Antique Fair held in June. Please come a long to support a good cause and perhaps pick up a great bargain.
Please contact us if you would like to join Zonta Orange we have monthly dinner meetings with speakers.